Experience the culture, the nature and the taste of the local cuisine in a peaceful and relaxing environment.
A 2.5 hour drive north of Stockholm will take you to the small, picturesque, country village of Söderala. Here you will find Erik-Anders in Asta offering a unique bed and breakfast experience in one of UNESCO's World Heritage sites. The high quality accommodation is combined with stunning experiences in the surrounding countryside.
We invite you on a walking tour to a nature reserve that is one of Sweden's finest bird watching areas. Wander on your own with a map through the forest and cook over an open fire with our wilderness guide. Take the opportunity to cycle along the small dirt roads, and enjoy the peace and tranquillity of the Swedish countryside.
Check-in during the afternoon. In the farmhouse cafe organic coffee with home-made cake is available. For one of the afternoon activities you can choose from:
- A hike to Ålsjön Nature Reserve, which takes about 15 minutes. In Ålsjön's Nature Reserve, there is something for everyone, for those interested in birds, plants or insects, or for those who just want to be out in the nature for a while. Here you can see the birds playing, in the air, in the sea and on land. The hike can also be combined with a longer trip to an adjacent forest with breathtaking scenery. This hike will take a further 30 minutes approximately.
- Experience the charming countryside and picturesque villages on a cycle ride through the surrounding areas. If the weather is warm enough, perhaps you could stop for a swim. In the evening a meal consisting mainly of locally sourced ingredients is served in the courtyard.
Between 8-10, breakfast is served with a local touch at Erik-Anders' farm.
At 10.00 am there is a guided tour of the Erik-Anders' World Heritage farm. The tour takes about 50 minutes and is in English. Learn about the farm's unique history and see the ornamental decorations. In the period-style environment, the guide will take you back to the years between 1825 and the 1950's.
After the tour, it is time for a longer hike of about 5 hours which will include a stop for lunch. You continue the journey along winding paths on your own with a map and GPS.
Lunch has a local touch with the best seasonal ingredients and cooked over an open fire at a small woodland mere. This is done together with our guide who accompanies you on your journey.
After lunch, we walk back to the farm. The estimated time for this activity is three hours, between 11.00-16.00.
No evening meal is included on day 2. Instead, we recommend a few authentic, high-quality restaurants that will be a trip/experience guests undertake on their own, in their own car. Examples of restaurants: Albertina , www.albertina.se, Växbo krog, www.vaxbokrog.se and Axmarbrygga, www.axmarbrygga.se Trollharens Fisk, www.trollharensfisk.se
Between 8-11 breakfast is served with a local touch at Erik-Anders' farm.
Time to undertake own activities.
Check-out by 12 noon.
FACTS ABOUT THIS PACKAGE
Bed & breakfast with hotel standard, newly renovated rooms in historical building. Private shower/WC in all rooms.5 double rooms, 10 beds. Extra beds can be added. Wifi, self-catering, parking.
Included in the price:
• Two nights in shared double room, breakfast
• Guided tour of the World Heritage farm Erik-Anders
• Hiking tour with map and wilderness lunch cooked by wilderness guide
• Coffee with home-made cake at arrival
• Dinner day 1
• Bed linen, towels
Rental of bike/day (8 hours) SEK 250per person
Rental of bike/ half a day (4 hours) SEK 150 per person
Rental of GPS: SEK 50 (1 GPS per group)
Availability May-Sept 2016
Price: From SEK 2 400 per person, min 2 pers, max 10 pers.